Sheraton Hotel in Tunis
Address: Avenue de la Ligue Arabe, B.P. 345, Tunis, Carthage Cedex, 1080 Tunisia
Phone: (216) (71) 782 100
The spacious Sheraton Tunis is a luxury hotel on the top of a hill in the Tunisian capital.
The Sheraton Tunis is located in the heart of the international business district in Tunis, and is a great business hotel.
People visiting Tunis for leisure shouldn’t fear, though, as the Sheraton is close to Belvedere Park and not far from the city center.
The hotel is a haven of peace after a long day of sightseeing.
The Sheraton Tunis boasts of spacious guest rooms with luxury hotel amenities, a large lobby bar area, several restaurants, meeting and convention space, and beautiful outdoor gardens.
Room rates at the Sheraton Tunis start at 392 TND, but vary seasonally and with hotel promotions and discounts.
Often overlooked by visitors on their way to Tunisia’s other top places to visit, Tunis is worth a few days to explore.
Here is a list of top 10 things to do in Tunis:
10. Admire the monumental Bab el Bahr, or Porte de France, the arch that separates French Tunis from the medina
8. Go to the beaches north of Tunis for a day in the sun
7. Peek inside the stunning Cathedral of St Vincent de Paul and visit the Zitouna Mosque, the largest mosque in Tunisia
6. Visit the beautifully renovated National Theater in Tunis
9. Wander through the streets of the old French city and then visit the winding heart of the medina to see the contrast in styles
5. Have tea at one of the many cafes that line Avenue Habib Bourguiba
4. Take a day trip to Sidi Bou Said, a beautiful blue and white coastal town
3. Meander through the souks in the heart of Tunis to pick up some souvenirs
2. Take the TGM train to Carthage and spend a day visiting the ruins of the once great city
1. Visit the excellent Bardo Museum to see some of the most well preserved Roman mosaics in the world